Tuesday, October 7, 2008

And so it begins!

So, I thought that it was about time I start a family blog.  The plan for this blog is to let family and friends know what is happening around the Master's household!  Some days it will be pretty mundane, but sometimes, it might be pretty exciting ;)  Of course I will post family photos, mostly of the kids, because let's face it... that's what most of you will want to see!  

I guess I should bring everyone up to speed on our last couple of months.  After many years of trying to move back to Red Deer, we finally did it!  Jay was able to convince his boss at Telus that he can do his job more successfully from home and they agreed! So, step one was complete, Jay had a job in Red Deer.  Next we had to sell the house in Airdrie... gotta love real estate.  Things have slowed down immensely in the last year, which is great for the buyer, BAD for the seller.  But we did end up selling our house in a week, which was FANTASTIC!  However, we did not sell it for nearly what we wanted, but live and learn, right?  So, now the house is sold and we get the fun adventure of finding a new house in Red Deer!  

We have never had such a hard time finding the "perfect" house!  I swear we looked at over 40 houses in a month period!  Luckily we had the most patient and understand realtor!  He was great.  The ironic part is, we ending up buying a house that we saw in our first week.  We could have saved a lot of time, if I had just listened to my gut... but you know, you want to see what else is out there.  So, we bought a great bungalow in Clearview that we love.  It has a bay window, which I have always wanted, and loads of storage space, which we NEED!  I have enough Christmas stuff to decorate 2 houses!  I think it might be time to get rid of some of it.. we'll see.  

The funny thing is that when we set out looking at houses, we wanted something that we could update, but that we wouldn't have to do it right away.  Well, we have been here 3 months and we are already itching to demo!  Some things will never change.  LOL.


We moved into our new house at the end of June and I was 8 months pregnant!  FUN!  Did I mention that it was 30+ degrees the first week we were here?  Needless to say, unpacking was not a quick thing.  

Then in July my wonderful Grandma Murray became very ill and sadly on August 1st, she passed away.  This was an excruciating time for me and my family.  It was also very hard on me and my pregnancy.  My normally very low blood pressure, shot through the roof, so much so, I was put on bed rest.  I will write more about my Grandma in a later post.

On August 14th, our beautiful baby boy, Noah Robert Charles Masters, made his world debut!  We were so happy to finally meet him!  It was a long and somewhat difficult pregnancy, but the end result is SOOOO worth it!


But, we had lots to do before the end of the summer... we had to get Chloe ready for Kindergarten!  It amazes me how quickly she has grown up!

Well, I guess that sums up our summer... more to come soon!

1 comment:

Kay said...

So glad you are blogging! It is great to see what you are up to! Keep in touch, I will check in regularly!